Guidelines for applicants of the Interdisciplinary Course for Translating Korean Texts in Classical Chinese, Graduate School of East Asian Studies, the Academy of East Asian Studies, Sungkyunkwan University
Course name : Interdisciplinary Course for Translating Korean Texts in Classical Chinese
|Humanities and Social Science
|Combined master's and doctorate program
|The Department of Korean Literature in Classical Chinese, the Department of Chinese Classics Education, the Department of Confucian Studies and Eastern Philosophy, the Department of Korean Language and Literature, the Department of History, the Department of Chinese Language and Literature, the Department of Library and Information Science, and the Department of East Asian Studies
- The regular master's and doctorate program jointly operated by more than two relevant departments to perform interdisciplinary joint studies.
Combined master's and doctorate program
- This system grants you a doctorate degree directly without obtaining a master's degree first by combining the master's and doctorate programs, to prevent students from stopping studies due to the preparation needed for writing a master's thesis and taking a doctorate program admissions test.
Required completed credit : 60 credits
The number of students to be admitted : A number of students Qualifications for application
- Applicants who received a bachelor's degree or are expected to do so in domestic or overseas universities.
- Applicants who are acknowledged to have equivalent achievements of a bachelor's degree under the higher education act (Can apply for the course regardless of majors in the bachelor's degree)
- Written examination (Two to three questions in the literature, history, and philosophy fields.)
- Follow the application schedule of General Graduate School of this university
- The second application schedule may not be arranged according to the maximum number of students who can be admitted to the course.
- Hold regular colloquiums and seminars in collaboration with the Institute for the Translation of Korean Classics
- Have priority rights over participating in research projects performed by the university and the Institute for the Translation of Korean Classics.