Welcome to Sungkyunkwan University's (SKKU)
College of Science
Sungkyunkwan University, an outstanding college in teaching.
College of Natural Sciences that represents the characteristic of SKKU.
The College of Natural Sciences opens up the future with challenge and passion, creativity, competence and perseverance.
- Ranked 1st in university employment rate for 5 consecutive years (University Notice, 2021)
- Selected to Physics, Life Science, Mathematics, Chemistry ‘BK21-FOUR Project’ (Ministry of Education, 2020)
- Core research support center of Chiral material (Ministry of Education, 2022)
- Selected as Energy Environment Convergence KIURI Research Center (Ministry of Science and Technology Information and Communication, 2020)
- Selected as a research center project for autonomous operation in the field of science and engineering (Ministry of Education, 2019)
- Selected as SRC project team (Mathematics Department Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC) 2016, Life Science Department Non-lymphatic Organ Immunity Research Center (CIRNO) 2017)
- University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) introduced dual degree system (2012)
- Academic support through the College of Natural Sciences’ own scholarship system (each department’s alumni scholarship, Songcheon scholarship, Lee Chung-gu scholarship, Shin Yun-ha scholarship, Hyocheon Chokyu scholarship, Dawon Design scholarship, Korea STS Research Institute scholarship, etc.)
College of Natural Sciences of SKKU has made remarkable progress with the beginning of the 21st century, and has grown into a leading natural sciences university in Korea in the field of basic science. The College of Natural Sciences consists of 4 undergraduate courses (Physics, Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Chemistry) and 6 graduate courses (including Interdisciplinary Course in Physics and Chemistry and Actuarial Science). All four departments, including the Department of Life Sciences, Department of Mathematics, and Department of Chemistry, made a splendid achievement of being selected as large educational research groups, and are managing large-scale national project groups such as Core Research Support Center, Kiuri Research Center, Key Research Institute and SRC Project Group. Natural science is a pure science that explores the fundamental laws of nature, and at the same time, it is the root and source of high technology that is the core in the phase of Industry 4.0. College of Natural Sciences of SKKU represents the characteristics of SKKU that harmonizes tradition with high-tech, and has an unlimited potential for development. College of Natural Sciences of SKKU is seeking to nurture future talent to play a pivotal role not only in the field of basic science but also in the national core future industries such as AI, semiconductor, energy, environment, bio, etc.
Professors, undergraduates, and graduate students of College of Natural Sciences of SKKU are working together in classrooms and laboratories to open up the future with challenge, passion, creativity, ability and perseverance. I hope that you also go with us in the College of Natural Sciences towards the dream of SKKU.
Ji Man Kim, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Science