- We carry out regular medical checkups for maintaining student’s health and for early detection of diseases.
- Medical checkups will be held with Korea Medical Institute.
A student can get a medical checkup ONCE a year.
- Notices on student medical checkups will be on the university & Health Care Center’s bulletin boards.
Students who plan to get medical checkups must comply with the KDCA's guidelines for COVID-19.
It may be changed depending on the academic schedule and policy.
Schedule for Student Medical Checkup [2022 School year]
In the 2022 school year, On-campus student medical check-up are not conducted, due to the current situation of COVID-19.
- Korea Medical Institute. : 7 KMI centers in Korea. (Seoul 3, Suwon, Gwangju, Daegu, Busan)
- You can check the centers here. ▶ https://eng.kmi.or.kr/center/center_list.html
Subject to Checkup
- ● University students (Bachelors and Graduate school, excluding completed students), students on leave, who have applied and paid for a medical checkup.
● Students enrolled before 2021 also need to apply and pay separately.
● Student Payment : 30,000 KRW
(If you want to get additional examination, you need to pay more fee.)
- Afternoon checkup : do not eat or drink anything from the morning before the checkup
- The result will be notified personally. (2~3 weeks after the checkup) Also, consultation will be available at the healthcare center later on.
- If 'Agreed to access information' is obtained when preparing a statement, it can be checked in GLS. (three to five weeks after examination.)
|Radioactive Examination||X-ray||Chest PA||Lung-related Disease|
|Blood Examination||Liver Disease||AST/ALT||General Liver-function Examination|
|Diabetes||Glucose (fasting)||Diabetes Examination|
|Hematologic Examination||WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Platelet||Inflammation, Anemia|
|Cholesterol||T. Cholesterol, Triglyceride, HDL-Cholesterol, LDL-Cholesterol||Hyperlipidemia, Circulatory disease.|
|Tests for Hepatitis B||HBs Ag/Ab||Hepatitis B Antibodies, Antigen|
|Urine Examination||Urine Test||Protein||Kidney disease|
|Physical Examination||Body Measurement||Height / Weight / Body composition test(Inbody)||Body fat percentage, Nutritional status.|
|Blood Pressure||Blood Pressure Examination||Hypertension, Hypotension|
|Ocular Measurement / Hearing test||Naked & Corrected Eyesight / Hearing test (left, right)||Eyesight Check / Hearing check|
|Health Declaration||General Survey||Lifestyle Disease||Drinking, Smoking, Dietary Habit|
|Internal Medicine||Health Counseling, Basic Disease Care|
|Dental Examination||Oral disease check|
Preparation before Medical Checkup
- Avoid alcohol, overeating, and overworking 1 ~ 2 days before an examination for an accurate diagnosis.
Morning Checkup : do not eat or drink anything the midnight before your checkup.
Afternoon Checkup : do not eat or drink anything the morning before your checkup. Also avoid gum, cigarettes, and coffee.
- Hypotensive agent and medicines for heart disease (Antiarrhythmic agent) : You should take the medicines with some water in the morning.
- Diabetes cures (Insulin shot or medicine : Avoid taking them to prevent hypoglycemia.
- Do not get an X-ray if you are pregnant.
- Preparation Item : Proper ID card (ex. passport ...)
- Wear clothes that are easy to remove.
- Do not wear metal accessories.
- You may need to tie your hair when you get an X-ray, so prepare a hairband.