The Regular Korean Program (RKP) is suitable for application preparation for degree programs in Korean universities, as well as language improvement.
(Humanities & Social Sciences Campus)
(Natural Sciences Campus)
|Feature||Language learning for academic purpose and culture acquisition|
|Session||Six sessions/year (Approx. 8 weeks/session)|
|Level||Level 1 (Beginner) to Level 6 (Advanced)|
5.2 hours/day, 5 days/week, 8 weeks/session, 200 academic hours
2. Program schedule
|Year & Session||Application Period||Start||End|
|2020||4||Jul 6-31||Aug 31||Oct 30|
|5||Sep 1-25||Nov 2||Dec 23|
|6||Nov 2-27||Jan 4, 2021||Feb 26, 2021|
|2021||1||Jan 4-29||Mar 2||Apr 23|
|2||Mar 2-26||Apr 27||Jun 22|
|3||May 3-28||Jun 28||Aug 19|
|4||Jul 1-30||Aug 30||Oct 27|
|5||Sep 1-30||Nov 2||Dec 23|
|6||Nov 2-26||Dec 30||Feb 25, 2022|
- 1) Only ones who successfully go through our screening process are eligible to enroll in our program.
2) Apply during the application period. 1-2 weeks earlier submission is recommended.3) Our application period can be closed earlier than the deadline if the number of admitted applicants exceeds our capacity.
3. Class size
1) The number of students in each class is limited to 10 to 15, for lecture quality.
|Lunch break||11:20 AM~12:30 PM||70min|
4. Field Trip
Students join cultural activities to have a hands-on cultural experience.
We proudly use "Sungkyun Korean (성균한국어)", authored and reviewed by our faculty members and published by SKKU publishing team. Available at SKKU bookstore. Our textbook package for each level consists of 2 books: 1) Voca/Grammar and 2) Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing.
6. Level placement test and Orientation
- 1) All new students are asked to take 2 tests: a pre-test AND a Level Placement Test. Pre-test is a part of SLI Application form.
- A level placement test is mandatory, offered on the first day of a session. A student’s level is finally decided upon a combination of those two scores. NO makeup test provided.
- 2) The orientation is held on the first day of a session.
7. Tuition and fees
|Tuition Fee||1,600,000 KRW||1,600,000 KRW||Insurance fee and field trip cost included|
|Application Fee||60,000 KRW||60,000 KRW||Non-refundable|
|Total||1,660,000 KRW||1,660,000 KRW|
Last update: Sep 16, 2020