The Regular Korean Program (RKP) is suitable for intensive learning and preparation for admission to Korean universities.
|Campus||Seoul(Humanities & Social Sciences Campus) & Suwon (Natural Sciences Campus)|
|Feature||Language learning for academic purpose and culture acquisition|
|Session||Six sessions/year (Approx. 8 weeks/session)|
|Level||Level 1 (Beginner) to Level 6 (Advanced)|
|Hour||9AM-2:50PM, Monday thru Friday, 260 minutes/day, Approx. 8 weeks|
2. Program schedule
|Year & Session||Application Period||Start||End|
|2023||4||July 3 - 28||August 29||October 27|
|5||September 4 - 29||October 31||December 22|
|6||November 3 - 30||January 2, 2024||February 27, 2024|
|2024||1||January 1 - 26||March 4||April 26|
|2||March 4 - 29||May 2||June 28|
|3||May 6 - 31||July 1||August 23|
- 1) Only ones who successfully go through our screening process are eligible to enroll in our program.
2) Apply during the application period pertinent to your choosing session. Early application's unacceptable.3) Our application period can be closed earlier than the deadline because of capacity, classroom, or other reasons.
3. Class size
1) The number of students in each class is limited to 10 to 15.
|Lunch break||11:20 AM~12:30 PM||70min|
4. Level placement test and Orientation
- 1) We have two types of assessment for students' level placement: Pre-test and Level placement test. A pre-test is a part of SLI new application but not mandatory. A level test is mandatory for all new students except for those who selected a level 1 placement in application.
2) New students to Seoul take a level test on a course start date announced in #2 Program schedule.3) Only Level 1, 2, 3, 4 class will be opened in Suwon (Natural Science Campus) in the 6th session.Therefore, students wishing to enter must participate in the pre-level test through ZOOM.
(Dec 4th 15:30~ The test date may be changed depending on the SLI schedule). Level placement is decided accordingly.)
We proudly use "Sungkyun Korean (성균한국어)", authored and reviewed by SKKU faculty members and published by the school publishing team. Available at SKKU bookstore. Our textbook package for each level consists of 2 books: 1) Voca/Grammar and 2) Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing.
6. Field trip
- Students join cultural activities to have a hands-on cultural experience.
7. Tuition and fees
|Tuition & Fees||Seoul Campus||Suwon Campus||Note|
|Tuition rate||KRW1,700,000||KRW1,600,000||Tuition fees have been adjusted from 23-5th session|
Paid when admitted
8. Classroom expectations
1) Respect teachers & others with civility. Being a SLI student requires appropriate behaviors in classroom where people from different backgrounds join for learning.
2) Focus on teacher’s instruction and keep communication open to others.
3) Do not unlawfully reproduce class materials. Any student who commits the reproduction including copying, bookbinding, PDF scanned, or taking a photoshoot shall not be able to participate in the class.
4) Students who conducting any of followings shall be suspended or expelled from the school.
-Disruptive behaviors including cell phone use not involved in class, unpermitted recording of class, and resistant to class activity.
- Inappropriate activity against learning purpose of visa i.e. un-approved part-time job
- Belligerent, disruptive and threatening action or word, drugs, disruptive behaviors mentally or physically to others (monetary deal, bullying)
- Any commitment against the Korean law
Last modified: 24 Oct. 2023