- Our research focuses on fundamental studies of CNT & nanoparticles and their applications.
- Fundamental studies include manipulation of CNT, nanoparticle manufacturing, and nanosimulation.
- Major applications are device, nanocomposites, CNT-bio sensor, and aerosol processing.
Manipulation of CNT & CNT-based chemical sensors
- Detection of radicals and partial discharge using CNT-based chemical sensors
- Manipulation technique of nanotubes using dielectrophoresis (DEP)
Bio & Environmental application of CNTs and nanoparticles
- Evaluation of biocompatibility of CNTs and development of high sensitive bio-sensors for detecting reaction of bio-molecules
- Monitoring of ultrafine particle at a roadside for reduction of air pollution
Nano Materials (nanocomposites & nanoparticles)
- Development of nanocomposites with CNTs
- Synthesis of Si nanoparticles using plasma & pyrolysis
- Film & pattern formation using metal particles for IT application
- Immersed Finite Element Method, Multi-scale Simulation
- Modeling of nanoparticle formation & transport
- Evaluation of 45 nm level megasonic cleaning system
- Development of nanoparticle measuring equipment
Development of high sensitive CNT-based chemical sensors
- Single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) have optimal characteristics as sensor elements such as large surface-to-volume ratios, one dimensional electronic structure and a molecular composition consisting of only surface atoms.
- Fast conductance modulation of the SWNT matt in response to neutralized fluorine radicals is observed.
Manipulation techniques of CNT using dielectrophoresis method
- Dielectrophoresis has received considerable attention for separating nanotubes according to electronic types.
- Positive dielectrophoresis (toward the electrodes) is observed for metallic SWNT due to the large dielectric constant.
Development of nanocomposites
- Development of electrically improved metal paste by functionalized carbon nanotubes.
- Development of Cu & Al nanocomposite reinforced with carbon nanotubes
Nanoparticels synthesis & appliaction
- Si nanoparticle generation using pulse plasma technology & 2 stage pyrolysis
- Via hole filling & film formation using metal particles
- Nanocomposite film treatment using CMP
Immersed Finite Element Method
- A Lagrangian solid interaction force vectorinto the N-S equation using a meshfree method
- Coupling with Electro-mechanics to model electric field guided CNTs assembly
- meso-, micro- & nano- level behavior within continuum models
- Interdisciplinary nature of multiscale methods
Modeling of Nanoparticle Formation and Transport
- Coupling between aerosol dynamics & chemical kinetics model for particle formation
- Particle transport during semiconductor & display process.
Evaluation of 45nm-level megasonic cleaning system
- Study the origin of pattern damage and design the megasonic with damage-free
- Optimize the megasonic cleaning process to enhance the cleaning efficiency
Development of nanoparticle measuring equipment
- Development of particle beam mass spectroscopy (PBMS)
- Development of particle measurement equipment using light scattering
- Development of low pressure differential mobility